PLANET 50-50 GENDER EQUALITY COMIC & CARTOON COMPETITION
We invite you to show us what comes to your mind when you reflect on gender equality, women’s rights and empowerment. What are the prevailing situations and what changes you would like to see. Seek inspiration...
Full details ▼
Event type: Contests, competitions
5 August 2016
End date: 21 October 2016 | End time: 00:00 UTC07:00
Location: UN Women, Jakarta, Indonesia
UN Women – together with the Delegation of the European Union (EU) and Embassies of EU Member States is organising “Planet 50-50: Gender Equality Comic and Cartoon Competition”, with a particular focus on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 5: Gender Equality.
We invite you to show us what comes to your mind when you reflect on gender equality, women’s rights and empowerment. What are the prevailing situations and what changes you would like to see.
Seek inspiration for your drawings from the SDG Goal 5 Target:
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation.
- Eliminate all harmful practices, such as child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation.
- Recognise and value unpaid care and domestic work through the provision of public services, infrastructure and social protection policies and the promotion of shared responsibility within the household and the family as nationally appropriate.
- Ensure women's full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision making in political, economic and public life.
- Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences.
- Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws.
- Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women.
- Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels.
Gain further inspiration for your drawings from the winning contest “Gender Equality: Picture It!” organised by UN Women in Brussels in 2015 and Vietnam in March 2016:
The competition is open to Indonesian nationals age 18 (on 5 August 2016) or older, who are residents of Indonesia.
The following rules apply to the drawing:
- Your comic or cartoon must be without words;
- Your submission can be composed of one cartoon or a series, maximum six boxes and fitting on a DIN A4 page (210 mm x 297 mm);
- The resolution of your drawing must be 150dpi or higher;
- Brief explanation on the artworks must be sent along with the drawing;
- Your comic or cartoon must respect the Terms and Conditions of the competition (see link below).
Together with the drawing(s), participants must submit a copy of a valid ID and mention “Submission for Comic and Cartoon Competition” in the title of their e-mail.
- 1st Winner: Macbook Pro + RIXA Comic Package
- 2nd Winner: Wacom Tablet + RIXA Comic Package
- 3rd Winner: iPhone + RIXA Comic Package
Deadline for submission: (extended to) 21 October 2016