Asia-Pacific Policy Dialogue on “Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Changing World of Work”
Full details ▼
Event type: Conferences, meetings, symposiums
End date: 24/02/2017 | End time: 16:00 GMT+07:00
Location: UNCC, Bangkok, Thailand
ESCAP and UN Women will jointly convene the Asia-Pacific Policy Dialogue on "Women's economic empowerment in the changing world of work" in cooperation with the UN Thematic Working Group on Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women. The policy dialogue aims to identify current and future macroeconomic and technological trends and examine how they will impact on women's economic empowerment. Key issues to be addressed include:
- Global gender gaps in work and employment
- Enabling macroeconomic environments for employment creation and access to decent work for all
- Care economy, paid and unpaid care and domestic work
- Technological change and its impact on the world of work
The topic aligns with the priority theme of the 61st session of the Commission on the Status of Women, 13-24 March 2017, New York, with a view to strengthening the regional perspective and prepare Asia-Pacific countries for deliberations at the meeting. The Asia-Pacific Policy Dialogue will convene experts and practitioners from a variety of fields, including governments (ministries of labour and national women’s machineries), academia, civil society as well as regional and international organizations. Participants will exchange knowledge and good practices, as well as develop recommendations on policies and actions.
The outcomes of the meeting will feed into preparations for the 61st session of the Commission on the Status of Women.
- Background Paper - Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Changing World of Work - An overview for Asia and the Pacific
- Concept note
- Video message from H.E. Mr. Antonio de Aguiar Patriota (Brazil), Chair of the 61st session of the Commission on the Status of Women.