Media Advisory: Asia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Date: Monday, November 27, 2017
27 November 2017, Bangkok, Thailand
The Asia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women will be held at the Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok from 13:30 – 16:30 on 27 November 2017.
At the heart of this year’s International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women theme, “Leave No One Behind – End Violence against Women”, is the imperative to support those who are particularly vulnerable.
In this regard, the regional commemoration will include a talk-show style panel discussion on promising practices and results from the Partners for Prevention programme in the Asia-Pacific region, and a panel discussion with academia on evidence building research on violence against women in the region and Thailand.
The event is being organized by the United Nations of Regional Thematic Working Group on Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women, co-chaired by the United Nations Economics and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) and UN Women. It is supported by the UN Joint Programme, Partners for Prevention, the Australian Government and Chulalongkorn University.
Note to Editors: You or your representatives are cordially invited to attend --
What: Asia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Patrik Andersson, Chief, Sustainable Socioeconomic Transformation Section, Social Development Division, ESCAP
- Dr. Kingkarn Thepkanjana, Dean of the Faculty of Arts at Chulalongkorn University, Director of the BALAC Program
- Anna-Karin Jatfors, Deputy Regional Director, UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
- H.E. Mr Paul Robilliard, Ambassador of Australia to Thailand
- Melissa Alvarado, Ending Violence against Women Specialist/UNiTE Programme Manager
- Kathy Taylor, Manager, Partners for Prevention UN Regional Joint Programme
- Ms. Hoang Thi Thu Huong, Deputy Chair of Da Nang Women’s Union, Viet Nam
- Ms. Hou Sophallika, Deputy Director of Department of Women and Health, Ministry of Women’s Affairs
- Ms. Ho Tran Thanh Huyen, Da Nang Youth Union, Viet Nam
- Ms. Ingrid Fitzgerald, Gender and Human Rights Advisor, UNFPA
- Dr. Henriette Jansen, UNFPA kNOwVAW Data
- Dr. Kyja Noack-Lundberg, Chulalongkorn University
- Ms. Emma Tiaree, Regional Strategic Partnerships Director, Care International
Where: 9th floor, Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Building, Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand For directions, please click here.
Note to Journalists: You or your colleagues are cordially invited to attend the Asia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
Dress code: Wear Orange