UN Women Asia and the Pacific Newsletter | April–August 2018
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, operating in 32 countries in the region, focuses on ensuring gender equality and a rights-based approach towards ending violence against women, preventing violent extremism, women's economic empowerment, gender in humanitarian action, and an HIV/AIDS response that can unlock progress across the board.
In this edition
- Don’t Blame the Clothes: #DontTellMeHowToDress
- Government of Sweden pledges USD 9.6 million to enhance women’s access to justice in Asia Pacific
- High school students in the Philippines paint “roads to safety for women and girls”
- Voices of Youth: Are Thais really that accepting of LGBTIQ people?
- and much more stories around Asia Pacific...
Resource type: Newsletters/magazines
Publication year: 2018
Number of pages: 6