Cox's Bazar Update | Jan-Mar 2022
In this edition:
- Rohingya women share their stories with the Swedish delegation: a three-day visit to Cox’s Bazar by representatives from the Government of Sweden was conducted from March 14–16.
- Cox’s Bazar Police strengthening their skills in gender responsive policing: the training was coordinated by UN Women in collaboration with Bangladesh Police and funded by the generous support of the United Nation’s Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) and the Government of Australia.
- Community Feedback Mechanism (CFM) Pilot Project Launched in Camp: UN Women developed a Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) in Cox's Bazar as part of a new pilot project, which ultimately aims to improve the effectiveness and accountability of the gender-responsive humanitarian response.
- International Women’s Day 2022: UN Women organized several events in collaboration with humanitarian actors to uphold women’s rights, amplify women’s leadership and disseminate awareness messages in Rohingya and host communities.
- International Women’s Day Networking Event: UN Women in collaboration with the Refugee, Relief and Repatriation Commissioner and the GIHA Working Group, celebrated International Women’s Day. Representatives from various stakeholders.
Subject areas: Economic empowerment Ending violence against women and girls Gender equality and women’s empowerment Peace and security
Resource type(s): Newsletters/magazines
Number of pages
Publishing entity/ies: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)