Cox's Bazar Update | April-June 2022
In this edition:
- UN Women share best practices with Rohingya camp leadership
The best practices of UN Women’s work were shared with the Refugee Relief and Repatriation Commissioner’s Office and the Commanding Officers of the Armed Police Battalion in Cox’s Bazar.
- Heavy monsoon rain causes flash flooding in the Rohingya camp
UN Women’s Multi-Purpose Women’s Centre in Camp 4 provided shelter to 151 women and children after heavy rain flooded the Rohingya Camp on 2.
- Gender-diverse populations are being served in the Rohingya camp
A six-month training course on integrated lifesaving support for a gender-diverse group at the Multi-Purpose Women’s Centres (MPWCs) located in the Rohingya camp.
- Promoting peacebuilding and social cohesion in Rohingya camp
To encourage positive engagement between the Rohingya and the host community.
- Women’s participation in peacebuilding in Rohingya camps
Humanitarian actors discussed ways to increase women’s representation and leadership in peacebuilding and social cohesion.
- Learning Café 2022 supported by the Gender in Humanitarian Action Working (GiHA WG)
The fifth anniversary of the Gender in Humanitarian Action Working Group (GiHA WG)
and much more ...
Geographic coverage: Asia and the Pacific Bangladesh
Subject areas: Ending violence against women and girls Gender equality and women’s empowerment Humanitarian action Migration
Resource type(s): Newsletters/magazines
Number of pages
Publishing entity/ies: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)