Often, we receive messages asking how you can support UN Women. Now, we have an opportunity for you to engage in our work! Join our first-ever fundraising campaign and become an advocate for gender equality!
Women and girls in Asia and the Pacific are more likely to be poor and missed by social protection services than men. On average, women and girls spend up to 11 times more of their day on unpaid care and domestic work than men and boys do across the region, where the gender pay gap is estimated anywhere between 1.5 per cent to 49.6 per cent. It is also the only region in the world where the participation of women in the labour force is falling. This inequality prompts many women to migrate to the cities and abroad to find better job opportunities, though many end up with some of the worst jobs imaginable. In addition, the high levels of violence against women and harmful practices, which may be the most widespread violation of human rights, are extremely concerning - up to one in two women has experienced physical and/or sexual violence from an intimate partner in the last 12 months in countries across the region.
UN Women is doing its outmost to address some of the most pressing issues women and girls are facing in the region today – but we cannot do this alone. We rely almost entirely on voluntary financial contributions to sustain our work to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment and need your support to engage as many people as possible and raise much needed funding.
Today, we invite you to participate in our fundraising campaign to further women’s empowerment and support women and girls in need. Donate to UN Women or get creative and have fun by organizing your own fundraising activity in support of our work. Share your contribution on your social media networks, with family and friends and inspire others to take action for a more equal world.
One of our prominent campaign supporters is the Thai top fashion designer Vatanika Patamasingh who joined UN Women’s campaign to empower women and girls in need and committed to raise fund for them.
How it works:
How it works:
1. Visit our fundraising campaigns:
2. Choose one of the campaigns that most speaks to you and either click on the DONATE button or on the START FUNDRAISING button:
- DONATE: It’s simple – make a donation and encourage others to take action!
- START FUNDRAISING: Set up your own fundraiser by using the ‘ready-to-go template’ – It’s easy, inclusive and super fun! All you have to do is write up your story and set your fundraising target and you are ready to go! Share your campaign with your friends and encourage others to take action. You can fundraise by yourself, with your family or together with your colleagues. As an organization, you can also us this opportunity to engage employees to help further gender equality and women’s empowerment. Download a fundraising kit to find out more: https://bit.ly/2TDcyRG.
3. Make the world know about your act of kindness!
Let us all stand together and empower women and girls!
Donate. Fundraise. Share.
Thank you for making gender equality a reality with us.
Who are you helping?