“Menjadi Ayah” Photo Contest
Organized by UN Women, The Embassy of Sweden, and Indonesia Business Coalition for Women Empowerment with the support from IKEA Indonesia.
Full details ▼
Event type: Contests, competitions
25 February 2020
End date: 1 March 2020 | End time: 00:00 UTC07:00
Location: UN Women, Jakarta, Indonesia
We invite you to send photo of a dad with their child/ children in an everyday situation and include a caption “Father’s Role for Gender Equality”. The child/children must be under the age of 12. The contest is in connection to the HeForShe Run that will be held on 8 March 2020 in celebration of International Women’s Day.
UN Women, The Embassy of Sweden, and Indonesia Business Coalition for Women Empowerment with the support from IKEA Indonesia are organising “Menjadi Ayah” photo contest.
The “Menjadi Ayah” photo contest is inspired by the work of Swedish photographer Johan Bävman “Swedish Dads”. The Swedish Dads has been shown in 65 countries, including in Indonesia – Jakarta and Banda Aceh. Johan Bävman’s Swedish Dads showcased portraits 45 fathers who choose to stay at home with their children for at least six months. Johan Bävman examines why these fathers have chosen to stay at home with their children and how their relationship with their partners and their children has changed as a result. The works of Johan Bävman aims to show the effects of gender equality on parenting, both for an individual and for society.
The competition is open to Indonesian nationals who are residents of Indonesia.
To enter, you simply private message us though the UN Women Indonesia’s Facebook page facebook.com/unwomenid/ or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following rules apply for the submission:
- Recent photo of a dad and his child/children under the age of 12.
- Caption information of “Father’s Role for Gender Equality” must be sent along with the photo(s).
- Any camera (professional or mobile phone) can be used.
- The resolution of the photo must be 150 dpi or higher.
Up to 10 Indonesian Dads’ photos will be exhibited at the HeForShe Run event, at The Breeze, BSD City on the 8 March 2020.
Deadline for submission: 1 March 2020, 12.00 WIB.
- 1st Winner: Prize package from IKEA, package from Embassy of Sweden, HeForShe goodie bag.
- 2nd Winner: Travel bag, package from Embassy of Sweden, HeForShe goodie bag.
- 3rd Winner: Backpack, package from Embassy of Sweden, HeForShe goodie bag.