E.Quality Talks & #DontTellMeHowToDress ExhibitionAsia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Girls
Media representatives are invited to an important event to launch the annual 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence (25 November – 10 December), commemorated by the United Nations under the umbrella of the Secretary-General’s campaign UNiTE to End Violence against Women.
This year’s theme is “#HearMeToo: End Violence against Women and Girls”, reflecting on the unprecedented global and regional mobilization behind #MeToo and other movements that are giving voice to a long-suppressed crisis, emphasizing our support to escalating protests against sexual harassment and assault.
The regional commemoration will include E.Quality Talks where Thai activists and survivors of violence will deliver their powerful and personal stories with a focus on how all of us can address and work to eliminate violence against women and girls.
The companion exhibition, #DontTellMeHowToDress, will also be held at the UN Conference Centre, helping deliver a strong message by displaying the clothes that survivors and victims wore when they were assaulted.
When: Friday, 23 November 2018, 2 pm – 4 pm
Where: Ground Floor Auditorium, United Nations Conference Centre, Rajdamnern Nok, Bangkok, Thailand
- Anna-Karin Jatfors, Regional Director a.i., UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
- Björn Andersson, Regional Director, UNFPA Asia and the Pacific Regional Office
- Cindy Bishop, model, host, actress, social activist, founder of #DontTellMeHowToDress
- Busayapa Srisompong, pro-bono lawyer for survivors of violence, founder of SHero
- Wipaphan Wongsawang, artist, social activist, founder of ThaiConsent
- Chitsanupong Nithiwana, LGBTIQ activist
- Watcharapon Kukaewkasem, EVAW activist from Akha ethnic community, migrant women’s rights advocate, social worker
- Kamolros Wonguthum, young feminist artist
- Melissa Alvarado, Ending Violence against Women Specialist/UNiTE Programme Manager, UN Women Asia-Pacific Regional Office
- Ingrid Fitzgerald, Regional Gender and Human Rights Advisor, UNFPA Asia-Pacific Regional Office
Dress code: Wear orange!
Please provide the following information (First Name; Last Name; Nationality; ID/Passport Number/copy of passport; Email Address; Mobile Number; News Agency, and latest electronic copy of a passport-sized photo) to email@example.com
For media enquiries, please contact:
Advocacy and Campaign Coordinator, UN Women,
T: (66) 2 288 2387 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Information Officer, Strategic Communications and Advocacy Section, ESCAP
T: (66) 2 288 1869 | E: email@example.com