Ways to partner with UN Women
We partner with businesses in many ways:
- We work closely with corporate partners to set standards such as the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs). The WEPs offer practical guidance to businesses on how to empower women in the workplace, marketplace, and community. To help assess an organization’s gender equality performance, we have the “WEPs gender gap analysis tool“.
- We encourage partners to join our global campaigns, which reach mass audiences and are designed to inspire them to action on a range of concerns vital to women and the SDGs. UN Women’s campaigns include HeForShe, and Planet 50–50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality. UN Women also manages the UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign.
- We seek commitments by partners to donate to UN Women and work through our country offices to change the status of the most underprivileged women and girls. Partners can do this by supporting UN Women through:
- unrestricted funding in support of UN Women’s global mandate;
- earmarked funding for specific countries or regions, or specific programmes or initiatives;
- pro-bono services;
- technical knowledge;
- access to advertising spaces and communications channels;
- mentorship and training;
- cause-marketing campaigns.