"Women and COVID-19” Comic and Illustration Competition
UN Women, WHO, and the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection is organising a “Women and COVID-19” Comic and Illustration Competition. The organizers gracefully acknowledge the financial support from the Government of Japan for this initiative.
Full details ▼
Event type: Contests, competitions
16 October 2020
End date: 15 November 2020 | End time: 00:00 UTC07:00
Location: Online, Jakarta, Indonesia
We invite you to visualize your understanding and highlight the COVID-19 pandemic from the perspective of women and girls in Indonesia. We want you to show us what comes to your mind when you reflect on how women’s lives have changed during the pandemic and/or how women are playing a central role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping their families and communities safe and resilient.
Participants are encouraged to submit drawing(s) under specific topics including:
- Women’s important leadership and contributions to COVID-19 response. (e.g. Women as local leaders, healthcare workers, supporting survivors of violence, health ambassadors to their communities, stepping up for public service, as agents of peace, as educators, etc,).
- Positive gender and social norm change to promote equal sharing of care and domestic works.
- Women’s situation during COVID-19 and the changes that you want to see, in the area of:
- Women and health, including “Ingat Pesan Ibu” to 3M “Mencuci tangan (washing hands), Memakai masker (wearing masks) and Menjaga jarak (keeping a distance)”
- Women in business and/or cooperatives.
- Women and migration.
- Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- Women’s rights.
- Women and education.
- Women in the informal sector.
- Elimination of all forms of violence against women in the public and private spheres, including online gender-based violence.
- Ending all forms of discrimination against all women, including racism, misogyny, and hate speech.
The competition is open to Indonesian nationals and participants will be divided into two categories:
- Category I: 15-24 years old (on 16 October 2020)
- Category II: 25 (on 16 October 2020) and above
The following rules apply for the submission:
- Participants can send in either comic(s) or illustration(s).
- The comic or illustration must be without words.
- The submission can be composed of one illustration or a comic, maximum six boxes and should fit on a DIN A4 page (210mm x 297mm).
- The resolution of the drawing(s) should be 150dpi or higher.
- Each drawing must be accompanied with a detailed caption (no more than 100 words) linking the artwork to the main theme of women and COVID-19.
- Participants can submit up to 2 drawings. They will be considered individual entries but must be sent at the same time.
- Your comic or illustration must respect the Terms and Conditions of the competition. (see link below)
To enter, you need to email your drawing(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Mention “Kompetisi Komik dan Ilustrasi” and competition category.
- A copy of a valid ID or student card.
- Contact number.
Deadline for submission: 15 November 2020 at 24.00 WIB. No late submissions will be accepted.
- 1st winners: Tablet + goodie bag + Certificate of Recognition.
- 2nd winners: Digital drawing tool + goodie bag + Certificate of Recognition.
- 3rd winners: Sketching and drawing set + goodie bag + Certificate of Recognition.
- People’s Favorite: Surprise goodie bag.
- Terms and conditions: English | Bahasa Indonesia
- Participant Guide: English | Bahasa Indonesia
- Event poster: Bahasa Indonesia | 1 | 2 |
For more information:
Puti Andiyani (email@example.com)