Toolkit: Second Edition of the Youth Guide to End Online Gender-Based Violence
Are you ready to join the digital revolution for equality? UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and the 30 for 2030 Network are thrilled to invite you to the groundbreaking Launch of the Second Edition: Youth Guide To End Online Gender-Based Violence (OGBV) Toolkit. In line with UNiTE’s 16 Days of Activism to End Gender-based Violence campaign, the youth leaders of today believe this toolkit is an investment to prevent violence against women and girls.
In an era where digital footprints define our existence, OGBV casts a long, oppressive shadow on the freedom and safety of women, girls, and gender-diverse individuals. It's more than a personal struggle; it's a societal battle that widens the gender digital divide and threatens our collective march towards a just, equitable world.
Responding with vigor, our updated toolkit is a beacon of hope and action, now with nine crucial additions tailored to reflecting contemporary challenges and technological dynamics.
The 9 new additions to the toolkit include:
- Clear Segmentation of Tech-Based and Tech-Facilitated OGBV
- Emerging Forms of Online Gender-Based Violence
- Bystander Interventions
- Boys and Men as Allies in Preventing and Responding to Online Gender-Based Violence
- Rural Women and OGBV: Unpacking Challenges, Shaping Solutions
- OGBV against women and gender-diverse people with disabilities
- OGBV and the LGBTQI+ community
- Zero-Tolerance Guidelines towards OGBV for young people for advocacy
- Feminist and Gender-Transformative Technologies
From understanding the nuances of tech-based and tech-facilitated OGBV to harnessing the power of feminist tech, we're covering new grounds to equip you, the next generation of trailblazers.
- Celebrate the official release of the toolkit's latest edition.
- Illuminate the shadows cast by OGBV on our path to digital equality.
- Catalyze collaborations with mission-driven entities ready to champion this cause.
- Mobilize resources and support to fortify our frontlines against OGBV.
Whether you're a fiery youth activist, a visionary leader, an innovative brand representative, a supportive donor, or a courageous survivor, your voice is vital. Together, we can rewrite the narrative of online spaces to be inclusive, safe, and gender-transformative.
Join us on Wednesday 6 December 2023, at 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM (GMT+7)
Find out more about 30 for 2030 here: https://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/partnerships/30-for-2030