Gender Alerts on COVID-19 in Afghanistan series
UN Women Afghanistan is committed to advancing the rights of, and meeting the needs of women, girls and most vulnerable groups through the COVID-19 crisis. The series of Gender Alerts was initiated by UN Women Afghanistan to respond to the critical lack of information, research and guidance on the impact of COVID-19 on women and girls in Afghanistan and gender-responsive approaches. With the Gender Alerts, UN Women Afghanistan responds to the need for gender analysis and recommendations, to inform the COVID-19 response that will meet the needs of women, girls and most marginalized groups.
The Gender Alerts series highlights the disproportionate gender specific impacts of COVID-19 in Afghanistan, from the lack of services for survivors of violence to the challenges of building peace during a health crisis and a fast-paced rise in the burden of unpaid care work. The Gender Alerts offer a basis for an informed discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on women, girls and most marginalized groups. It provides recommendations for national and stakeholders through a unique combination of global and Afghan-led expertise and research.
The series has been developed by UN Women, with support from partners, including non-governmental organizations, civil society organisations and UN agencies.
- Issue I: Ensuring a Gender Sensitive Humanitarian Response
- Issue II: Ensuring Access to Services for Survivors of Violence Against Women and Girls
- Issue III: The Impact of COVID-19 on the Implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda
- Issue IV: The Impact of COVID-19 on Women’s Burden of Care and Unpaid Domestic Labor
- Issue V: Maintaining services for survivors of violence against women and girls during COVID-19
- Issue VI: Women, Peace & Security and Ensuring Women’s Meaningful Participation in the Afghan Peace Process
- Issue VII: Women’s participation and leadership in COVID-19 Response
- Issue VIII: Gendered Impact of COVID-19 on IDPs
- Issue IX: Women’s Access to Health Care During COVID-19 Times
- Issue X: Women with disabilities during COVID-19 times
- Issue XI: The Impact of COVID-19 on Women’s Economic Empowerment – Women Entrepreneurship and Beyond
- Issue XII: The Impact of COVID-19 on Women Affiliated with Opium Poppy Cultivation
Resource type: Briefs
Publication year: 2020