Generation Equality Forum: Asia-Pacific Regional Journey
The Generation Equality Forum is a civil society-centered, global movement for gender equality to drive ambitious and transformative action towards realizing the human rights of women and girls everywhere.
Starting off in Mexico City in March 2021 and culminating in Paris in June 2021, the Forum is seeking to support the realization of the Beijing Platform for Action by bringing together a wide range of actors from across different sectors, to define and mobilize a bold and ambitious agenda for how to build back better and differently from the COVID-19 crisis to achieve an equal future for all.
Despite some progress, real change has been agonizingly slow for the majority of women and girls around the world. Today, not a single country can claim to have achieved true gender equality.
With women’s rights now further at risk as a result of the pandemic, the Forum will fuel a powerful and enduring coalition of governments, civil society, private sector, entrepreneurs, trade unions, artists, academia and social influencers to drive urgent action and accountability for gender equality. Through a series of dialogues, UN Women Asia and the Pacific aim to kickstart regional conversations on the Action Coalitions and their blueprints to advance gender equality. The Action Coalition dialogues will gather voices of stakeholders across the Asia-Pacific region to engage in the leadup to the Forum in Paris.
Join us and speak up for gender equality in Asia and the Pacific region by attending our events. Generation Equality begins now.
- Concept Note
- Cecilia Tinonin, Statistics Specialist, UN Women Asia and the Pacific
- Venge Nyirongo, Thematic Lead, Economic Justice and Rights Action Coalition, UN Women Headquarters
- Economic Justice and Rights - Breakout Room Insights
- Lilika Fusimalohi, Gender Program Coordinator (Fiji & Small Pacific Island countries), Gender & Economic Inclusion Group, International Finance Institute (IFC)
- Dr. Fahmida Khatun, Executive Director, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD)
- Katja Freiwald, Regional Programme Manager, WeEmpowerAsia, UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
- Concept Note
- Technology and Innovation for Gender Equality Programme
- Anantya van Bronckhorst, Co-Founder & Co-CEO Think.Web
- Technology and Innovation Action Coalition Presentation by UNICEF and ITU
- Technology and Innovation - Breakout Room Insights
- Kehkashan Basu, Green Hope Foundation: Feminist Action for Climate Justice Action Coalition
- Camille Pross, Stockholm Environment Institute: Gender-transformative climate action
- Binbin Wang, Institute of Climate Change and Sustainable Development: Mother nature needs her daughters
- Zymal Umer, Zee Bags: Zee Bags
- Rayya Naseem, Keep the Scene Clean: Keep the Scene Clean