UN Women Asia and the Pacific Newsletter 2020 Vol1
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, operating in 32 countries in the region, focuses on ensuring gender equality and a rights-based approach towards ending violence against women, preventing violent extremism, women's economic empowerment, gender in humanitarian action, and an HIV/AIDS response that can unlock progress across the board.
In this edition
- Report on the first 100 days of the COVID-19 outbreak in Asia and the Pacific: A gender lens
- How men can help shift gender norms during COVID-19 crisis - #HeForShe
- Report on conflicting identities: the nexus between masculinities, femininities and violent extremism in Asia
- COVID stories Asia Pacific
- More stories around Asia Pacific...