Fund for Gender Equality call for proposals, now OPEN!Innovative civil society initiatives seeking to spur women’s economic and/or political empowerment are invited to apply for funding.
UN Women’s Fund for Gender Equality is pleased to announce its third Call for Proposals. This year the Fund welcomes submissions from women-led civil society organizations with innovative, high-impact, and multi-stakeholder women’s rights and gender equality programmes that help jumpstart progress towards the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
The Fund will grant applications in the areas of:
- Women’s economic empowerment: Can include efforts to expand women’s equal opportunities to access and control economic resources, promote women’s sustainable entrepreneurship, access to decent work and equal pay, and shared responsibility within the household.
- Women’s political empowerment: Can include efforts to promote women’s full and effective leadership and political participation at all levels of decision-making and in all spheres of life, or initiatives to help design, enforce and implement new and existing gender equality laws and policies, or to shift social norms and practices toward greater respect for and enjoyment of women’s equal rights.
UN Women’s Fund for Gender Equality was launched in 2009 to accelerate implementation of gender equality commitments worldwide. It is the organization’s leading global grant mechanism and multi-donor Fund dedicated to rights-based programming in the two overlapping thematic areas of women’s economic and political empowerment. Since 2009, the Fund has disbursed over USD 56 million to fund 96 programmes in 72 countries.
Interested applicants are encouraged to read the guidance carefully and apply online NOW!, open from 9 March to 5 April 2015.
- Fund for Gender Equality's application system is open (UN Women HQ)
- Application Guidelines (FAQ)
- Online Application form (Direct link)